Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!! :)

Happy Fourth of July, everyone!! I love this holiday; it's probably my favorite one after Christmas. I'm so blessed to be an American and to have the freedom to watch people do ridiculous things, like the Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest, which is about to kick off on ESPN. It's become something of a Fourth of July tradition for my dad and me to watch it together. I'm not sure why, other than that it's hilarious.

I hope everyone gets a chance to get out and see some fireworks tonight. I usually go to the local symphony's outdoor concert, which is followed by an awesome fireworks show, but tonight I'll be hanging out with my friend Maddy at her house. She just had surgery and her face is really swollen at the moment, and I don't blame her for not wanting to go anywhere right now. I love fireworks a lot, but I love my Maddy more. :)

That's pretty much all I've got for today, other than this awesome little tidbit, which was tweeted earlier by Cheryl Klein (@chavelaque): "
Set your clocks: At 5 minutes and 6 seconds after 4:00 on the 8th of July, the time and date will be 04:05:06 07/08/09." How cool is that?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment