Thursday, August 4, 2011

BEDA Day 3: I Am a Murderer :(

So, I was definitely planning to write about happy things like the wedding I was in two months ago today, but I really don't feel like it now. I was just driving back from the grocery store with my dad and I'm pretty sure I ran over a frog. I've never run over an animal while driving before, and I know it probably shouldn't be that big a deal, but I really feel like a horrible person right now. The fact that it was a frog makes it worse, since I had a pet frog for six years when I was younger, which launched me into a lifetime of collecting froggy things. From my bed, where I'm currently sitting, I can see almost forty frog items around my room -- everything from stuffed animals to figurines to socks (yes I'm messy and have dirty clothes on my floor). I always figured God had a hand in me not having to dissect frogs in science class. I never particularly enjoyed dissection, but I could handle the fish and the worms and the squids and the crayfish. If I'd had to do a frog, I probably would have cried the whole way through.

Here's a prime example of the weird thing I do where I get extremely emotionally attached to large categories of things that don't really matter in the long run. Oh well. I'm going to go eat my ice cream and be sad now.

1 comment:

  1. Your frog collection reminds me of my intense collection of all things monkey. I hope the little froggy is okay and you just possibly missed him!

    *ice cream*

    ReplyDelete