Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BEDA Day 16: Grocery store adventures

I went to the grocery store with my dad and my sister tonight. My sister, who is hoping to get her driver's license soon, drove, and we car danced to ALL CAPS most of the way there. My dad made a bad classical music joke about our shopping Liszt as we were walking in. We picked out roses for my mom, who has been through some really awful job-related crap lately. Then we decreased worldsuck by picking up the pieces of a flower pot that had fallen off a shelf and shattered. My dad walked in circles in the bread aisle while my sister and I were choosing loaves of bread. My sister made a really good geometry joke about circles being pointless. My dad and my sister spent five minutes artistically arranging the containers of yogurt we bought in the cart. My sister just about got high in the laundry detergent aisle. I was disappointed by a candle that claimed to smell like the rainforest, which definitely did not hold up to its claims, and my sister accused me of being a "rainforest dropper," which I didn't deny. My sister also ran around taking pictures of all of the items that had been left in incorrect places, such as the bottle of soy sauce left on the taco chips shelf and the box of Junior Mints left in the display of children's cough syrup. (This is a standard practice of hers. I'm hoping she turns it into some kind of deep, meaningful art project about the disorganization and lack of motivation in our society or something.) We got strange looks just about everywhere we went, and it was awesome. I love going places with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment