Tuesday, August 23, 2011

BEDA Day 22...ish: Apologies and Excuses

My sincerest apologies to all four of you who read this blog (hi Mom and Dad!). I have been remiss in my duties three days in a row and thus have failed at Blog Every Day in August. This project has now been reduced to BALA, or Blog A Lotta August, which I've always thought of as a cheap out for lazy people. (Well, always since the term was coined approximately 26 days ago by the residents of Echo Base.)

It's technically August 23rd, but since it's not yet daylight out, I'm going to pretend it's still the 22nd. I don't have to go to work tomorrow [today] and I'm not tired because I let myself sleep till noon today [yesterday], so now I'm listening to The Mountain Goats and, obviously, blogging.

I legitimately didn't have time to blog on Friday. It was the last day of our summer session at work, so I had to be at school at 7:45 AM for our trip to Fort Rapids, a western-themed indoor waterpark in Columbus. The day was very long and somewhat stressful, and I nearly lost my voice from trying to talk over running water and shrieking children for five-plus hours, but it was honestly a lot of fun. I can't believe how fast this summer has gone!

As soon as I got home from work, I jumped in the shower and then attempted to make myself look supermegafoxyawesomehot for my date with my sister. Since it was her last Friday night in town before going to college, we went to Sonic for dinner, then went to see the new Anne Hathaway/Jim Sturgess movie One Day (which was really good), and then went back to Sonic for milkshakes. We saw a 9:45 showing, so by the time we got home, it was well after midnight and I was dead tired.

I honestly have no excuse for not blogging on Saturday. I even thought about doing so a few times, and then I just didn't. I slept in a bit, lazed around the house in my pajamas listening to NPR for a while, ran a couple of errands with my mom, and then Mel and I went to a bonfire at our friend/co-worker Andrea's house. We met all of her family's cows, watched other people set off firecrackers and fireworks, and had a good time hanging out away from work with our co-workers Heather and Jody and Jody's daughter, who's eight and adorable. I also wound up covered in marshmallow creme when Andrea's brother tried to attack her with the remains of the ice cream sundae ingredients and missed. Good times.

I tried to budget time to write a quick blog post yesterday (Sunday), but I overslept and my plan failed. I got up with just enough time to get ready for wizard-pirate laser tag, which is as epic as it sounds. My sister and I drove down to our friend Chloe's apartment, and then Chloe drove us down to Cincinnati, where we met other hp-ohio friends at a place called Scallywag Tag. We played two fantastic games of laser tag and then played a ridiculous round of glow-in-the-dark mini golf, during which I made an inadvertent assist in the greatest hole-in-one ever made by wizard, Muggle, or pirate. My friend Emmy's strategy for mini golf is to just hit the ball as hard as she possibly can and see where it ends up. On the twelfth hole, she hit it extra hard to get it over a little bridge thing, and it bounced off a rock at the far end, came almost all the way back and bounced off my ankle, and skimmed the top of the bridge and rolled into the hole. I, as the only Ravenclaw of the group, had been given charge of the scorecard, so I gave her a zero for the round.

No comments:

Post a Comment